Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Birth

                This blog is being created out of the frustration I experience as a result of my art education.  In the years past I have had great the privilege to study under a representational painter of traditional methods and ideals.  However, said teacher has left the university at which I am enrolled and I now find myself adrift alone in a sea of anti-aesthetics, and over-conceptualized avant-garde bullshit.  In short the program is heavy on content and light on technique.  This blog will primarily be devoted to the exploration of representational painting and topics of debate in realism and higher-level art education.  Secondly, this blog is an outlet for me to vent about all of the horrible, abstract, unskilled, post-modernist nonsense I, and perhaps we, have to face.  To hell with the avant-garde.

No comments:

Post a Comment